Print Friendly Recipe
- A lower fat version of the recipe that is served in restaurants but just as tasty!
- Cooking Light Five Star Recipes, Oxmoor House, 1996
Serves/Makes:4 (1 cup) servings
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) skim (non-fat) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) light process cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups (950 ml) hot cooked fettuccine (cooked without salt or fat)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground pepper
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic, and saute 1 minute.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add skim milk, stirring with a wire whisk until mixture is blended.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cream cheese; cook 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) Parmesan sheese, stirring constantly until Parmesan cheese melts.
- Pour sauce over hot cooked fettucine, and toss well to coat.
- Top fettucine with remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and pepper.
- A great cookbook--the best of the first ten years of Cooking Light Magazine!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.