Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). small potatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) turmeric
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) cumin
- 2 pinches chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) ghee (or melted butter or oil)
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) frozen peas, thawed
- Parboil potatoes in lightly salted water and set aside (almost cooked but not quite).
- Heat ghee or oil in large skillet and saute all the seasonings.
- Add potatoes to skillet and stir to coat with all the spices.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until potatoes are tender - about twenty minutes.
- Stir in peas and cook five minutes longer.
- Serve hot.
- Perfect side-dish for a perfect Indian meal.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.