Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:about 90 cookies
- 1-1/3 c shortening
- 1-2/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 8 tsp (40 ml) milk
- 3 c flour
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- additional sugar for tops
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, beating until smooth.
- Stir in milk.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Blend dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheets by spoon.
- Press lightly with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.).
- I always moisten the bottom of the glass the first time. This is an extremely easy way to make sugar cookies.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.