Print Friendly Recipe
- A wonderful soft sugar cookie with a hint of lemon.
Serves/Makes:3 dozen (3 inches in diameter)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Wesson oil (vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Beat eggs with fork until well blended.
- Stir in oil, vanilla and lemon rind.
- Blend together sugar until mixture thickens.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt; add to egg mixture. (Dough will be soft.)
- Drop by tspfuls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Stamp each cookie flat with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar (Lightly oil glass, then dip in sugar. . .continue dipping in sugar).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove immediately from cookie sheet.
- I have loved this cookie recipe since I was about 10 and a friend's mom made them for our Girl Scout meeting.
The recipe comes from Quicker Ways to Better Eating, The Wesson Oil Cook Book, 1955.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.