Print Friendly Recipe
- mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:1 dozen fritters
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt(optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 12 oz (336 grm) whole kernel corn; frozen or fresh....thaw frozen corn before using
- hot fat for deep fat frying
- Sift flour with baking powder, salt(if using) and sugar.
- Mix egg, milk and corn together.
- Add flour mixture and beat quickly, but thoroughly.
- Drop batter by tbsp into deep fat which has reached 360 degrees(electric deep fat fryer is good for this).
- Fry a few fritters at a time until golden.
- Remove to paper towels to drain and keep warm till served.
- Adapted from PASS THE PLATE COOKBOOK.....
I do not have a deep fat fryer, so i have used a nonstick skillet with just enough light oil so as the fritters do not stick and are easy to turn to fry the other side.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.