Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 2 T melted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 T dry yeast (Seems to be an excess)
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Butter for the top and garnishes such as poppy or sesame seeds
- Warm the yogurt and combine with milk in a mixer bowl.
- Add soda, sugar, butter, eggs and yeast.
- Add salt and begin adding flour, 3 cups (700 ml) made a perfect dough; you may need the other 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour.
- Knead, turn into an oiled bowl, cover and allow to double, about 1 hour.
- Punch down and divide into 8 parts.
- Roll each into a round or oval.
- Brush with butter and garnish.
- Bake on a stone at 450 degrees (225 C.) for 4 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Alternative: Garnish with cinnamon sugar (3 T sugar to 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon)
- Hope this is what your looking for.
Recipe calls for 2 T yeast. I question this. I think it should be
1 pkg which is 2 1/4 tsp.
Hope you have success!!!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.