Print Friendly Recipe
- 6 to 7 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz (301 grm).) cream of chicken soup
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) minced onion-fresh
- 1 pint (16 oz (448 grm).) sour cream (can use light)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) grated very sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) corn flakes with 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- Boil potatoes in skins on just until fork tender.
- Cool, peel, grate.
- Heat butter with the soup.
- Add onion, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix with potatoes.
- Put in greased oblong baking dish-- I use a 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Top with corn flakes and butter that are mixed together.
- Refrigerate overnight and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Can be made and baked immediately.
- Can also be frozen without the topping.
- We cannot have a Holiday dinner without this dish. This is a favorite of everyone!!! I like the fact that it can be made ahead.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.