Print Friendly Recipe
- Hardy, stick to the ribs soup
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Italian sweet sausage
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced (I like making larger pieces)
- 1 zucchini, sliced in larger pieces - about 1 inch thick
- 2 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). cans condensed tomato soup (see note below)
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) cheese tortellini
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried basil
- 1/3 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano
- Remove sausage from casing, crumble and cook like ground beef.
- Mix cooked sausage with remaining ingredients in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 45-60 minutes.
- You might not need all this time. Keep checking the tortellini, you don t want it to be mushy.
- **This recipe originally called for 1 can of zesty tomato soup and 1 can of reg tom soup. I could not find the zesty so I use the 2 regular and add some Bermuda Hot Pepper Sauce.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.