Print Friendly Recipe
- 2-3/4 cups (650 ml) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat buttermilk
- 4-3/4 cups (1125 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whole wheat flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) plus 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) canola oil
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml) baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 2 cups (475 ml) hazlenuts, chopped coarse
- 2 cups (475 ml) dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a large non reactive bowl, mix 3/4 cup (175 ml) of the skim milk, the buttermilk, 3/4 cup (175 ml) of the flour, the whole wheat flour, 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar, and the yeast.
- Set aside for ten minutes or until the mixture starts to bubble.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the remaining ingredients, except for the hazlenuts and cherries and mix well.
- Fold in the nuts and cherries.
- Lightly wipe four 10x5x2 inch loaf pans with vegetable oil, divide the dough among the pans and bake for one hour of until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- I found this on the web. I havent tried it yet. It does not use a ever growing starter so it might be what you are looking for. I hope it works out for you.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.