Print Friendly Recipe
- Japanese Food
- Jam Ito
- 2 cups (475 ml) rice (Preferable Short Grain Rice, however long grain will do too)
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 3 sq.inch Kombu (Thick Japanese seaweed)
- Vinegar Mixture:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vinegar
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml). sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- Wash the rice couple times.
- Wipe out dirt from Kombu.
- In the electric rice cooker, place rice add water and combu.
- Start cooking.
- Preventing rice from getting stiff, remove Kombu right when the rice boiled.
- When cooked, transferred to mixing bowl.
- Pour vinegar mixure over the rice.
- Mix it thoroughly with vertical cutting movements of the wooden spatula.
- While mixing, cooling down the rice by fan.
- Cover it with wrapper till use.
- Sushi rice goes well with various kinds of topping, i.e. omelet, raw fish, pickle, shrimp etc. Roll the rice and its stuff with Nori (Thin Japanese Seaweed) is another yummy way.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.