Print Friendly Recipe
- mhb from nj
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). olive oil or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) catsup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chili sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dried mustard
- Brown shanks in hot oil;spoon off excess fat.
- Combine remaining ingredients and 1/2 cup (125 ml) water.
- Pour over shanks.
- Cover; simmer till meat is tender, turning occasionally.
- Time should be 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- This works well done in a heavy dutch oven......
adapted from BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS ENCYCLOPEDIA of COOKING.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.