Print Friendly Recipe
- mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:7 half pint jars
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) fresh strwberries
- 7 cups (1650 ml) sugar
- 1/2 of a 6 ounce bottle liquid fruit pectin
- Wash berries.
- Slice in half lengthwise or quarter large berries.
- Measure 4 cups (950 ml) into large saucepan.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) sugar; mix carefully.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Add remaining sugar; mix well.
- Bring to full rolling boil.
- Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in pectin.
- Stir and skim alternately 5 minutes to prevent floating fruit.
- Ladle the jam into hot, scalded jars.
- Seal at once and process in hot water bath if not refrigerating for immediate use.
- Could be doubled easily; use twice as many half pint jars, or try pint jars.
adapted from BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS ENCYCLOPEDIA of COOKING
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.