Print Friendly Recipe
- This is a fairly soft cookie.
- Friend from a Christian school
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) margarine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cornmeal
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- Mix margarine and sugar together until light.
- Add egg to this mixture and beat well.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the margarine mixture.
- Add raisins and mix.
- Drop dough from a tsp onto a greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 minutes
- I have omitted the raisins and they taste just as good.
I have also replaced the raisins with chocolate chips and they are very good. I love the crunchy cornmeal in the cookies and they aren't dry.
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.