Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck's Collection
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 3 tbs (45 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tbs (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 8 inch unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time.
- Beat in flour and buttermilk.
- Add lemon juice, nutmeg and salt.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into the filling.
- Pour filling into a partially baked 8 inch pie shell.
- Bake until custard is set and slightly brown.
- To partially bake the crust, first chill the crust in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove and line with foil
- Place 1 lb (.5 kg) beans or rice in pie crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and beans and bake 5 minutes more or until dough no longer seems raw, but has a light crust.
- Now pour in the filling.
- This is the only Buttermilk pie recipe I could find.
Hope it is what your looking for.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.