Print Friendly Recipe
- Linda in IL
- 1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 8 large leeks (white parts only)
- 4 c or more unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 4 c half-and-half
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) Brie, well chilled cut in Small cubes without rinds
- 2 T snipped fresh chives
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- Melt 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook until translucent, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 25 minutes.
- Puree mixture in batches in blender.
- Melt remaining 1/4 c butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir 2 minutes.
- Blend in half and half, 1 cup (225 ml) at a time; whisk until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) cheese and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining cheeese, 1/4 cup (60 ml) at a time; blend until smooth and melted.
- Mix in leek puree.
- Thin with more stock if desired.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with freshly ground pepper and chives.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.