Print Friendly Recipe
- Valle L. Smith
- 1 whole chicken
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken or Mushroom Soup
- 1 or 2 cans Ro-tel Tomatoes w/Chilis, drained
- 2 cups (475 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- sour cream (optional)
- Boil the chicken until completely done, let cool, remove from bone, and shred or dice into bite sized pieces.
- Warm the tortillas (just to make flexible) by placing in a skillet with a small amount of oil.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with Pam and line with the warmed tortillas.
- Place the chicken on top of the tortillas.
- Put the soup (I use one of each kind) and Ro-tel Tomatoes in a blender and mix.
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and top with cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven for approximately 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and the soup bubbles around the edges.
- You may use 4 to 5 chicken breasts instead of the whole chicken. I hope this is similar to the recipe you are looking for. You may want to vary the amount of Ro-tel you use, especially if you have children - 2 cans may be too spicy.
I usually serve with spanish rice and beans. We also top with sour cream (on the plate, not in the pan).
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.