Print Friendly Recipe
- 6 oz (168 grm) butter or margarine
- 6 oz (168 grm) caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 oz (168 grm) self-rising flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) jam
- castor sugar to dredge
- Grease two 8 inch sandwich tins and line the base with grease-proof paper.
- Cream the butter or magarine and sugar until pale & fluffy.
- Add beaten egg a little at a time and mix in well after each addition.
- Fold in half the flour,then add other half.
- Place half the mixture in each tin and level with a knife.
- Bake both cakes on the same shelf of the oven at 375 degrees (200 C.) (Gas mark 5) for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn out onto cooling racks.
- Once cool, spread jam and sandwich together.
- Dredge with caster sugar
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.