Print Friendly Recipe
- Egg noodles with a parmesan cheese sauce
- Alicia Bailey
Serves/Makes:3 or more plentiful servings
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3 or more dashes pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces of noodles (I use regular wide egg noodles)
- Put noodles on to boil.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan.
- Stir flour into melted butter. (Be careful, it burns quickly)
- Add salt.
- Add pepper. (Use as much as you like)
- Add milk, and stir until it's not lumpy.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Heat on medium heat, until it thickens. (About 3-4 minutes)
- Pour over drained noodles.
- This recipe is basically a medium white sauce with parmesan cheese. I think it's better than the Fettucine Alfredo served in restaurants. It costs next to nothing to make, and takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.