Print Friendly Recipe
- mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:6 or more servings
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 2 inches of stick cinnamon
- 6 (or more) small fresh peaches, peeled
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, water and cinnamon; bring to a boil.
- Boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Add a few whole peaches at a time and cook 5 to 10 minutes, or till peaches can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove fruit from syrup and put in a bowl.
- Continue till all peaches have been cooked in the syrup.
- Boil remaining syrup till thickened, or till a candy thermometer registers 222 degrees (100 C.).
- Cool syrup to room temperature.
- Measure syrup; add 1/3 cup (80 ml) brandy for each cup of syrup.
- Stir well; pour over peaches in bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate brandied peaches till ready to use.
- Found in BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS ENCYCLOPEDIA of COOKING.
This recipe appears not to have a starter, because you really can't reuse the end product syrup.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.