Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 eggs, separated (use egg whites for Meringue, yolks for custard)
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). sugar
- Light Pastry
- Chopped Rhubarb
- Make the custard by using the yolks of 2 eggs, milk and sugar.
- Line a deep pudding dish with a light pastry, and cover the bottom with a layer of chopped rhubarb, well rolled in sugar.
- Pour over this the custard and bake in a 325 degree (175 C.) oven until knife inserted just off center comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Make a meringue of the whites of the eggs, spread over the baked custard, brown lightly in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven, and seve hot or cold, as desired.
- This recipe is from 1923.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.