Print Friendly Recipe
- Great use for leftover chicken.
- Prickly Pear
- 3 T butter or margarine
- 1/4 c minced onion
- 1/4 c flour
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1 T tomato paste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 c half & half
- 1 c cubed (1/2") cooked leftover chicken
- 1/4 c dry white vermouth
- dash of ground nutmeg
- dash of ground mace
- 1 T minced parsley
- 1 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 T dried chives
- Heat butter or margarine in pan; saute onion for 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 3 additional minutes.
- Stir in broth, tomato paste, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add half and half, chicken, vermouth, nutmeg and mace.
- Heat through without boiling.
- Add parsley, Parmesan cheese and dried chives.
- Let sit 5 to 10 minutes and then serve.
- This recipe has come in handy numerous times when I have a small amount of leftover chicken.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.