Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious chocolate mousse with coffee and cointreou
- Frances Tanzey
- 6 oz (168 grm) plain chocolate
- 1/2 oz (14 grm) butter
- 3 medium/large eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of cointreou or rum (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) coffee essence
- single cream
- grated chocolate
- Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl over hot, not boiling, water.
- Melt, stirring constantly.
- When the chocolate is completely melted remove it from the heat and beat in the egg yolks, rum if used, and coffee essence.
- Whisk the egg whites stiffly then fold in with a metal spoon.
- Pour into small 4 cups (950 ml) or glasses and put in fridge for 2 hours or freezer for 1 hour.
- When set, pour cream over and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- I like having this as pudding after beef as it is very rich.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.