Print Friendly Recipe
- mhb from nj
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt(optional)
- dash or more white pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut crosswise in 1 1/2 inch pieces(4 cups) and cooked
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- Melt 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine.
- Blend in salt, pepper and flour.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook, stirring constantly till mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Arrange half the cooked asparagus and all the hard boiled egg slices in bottom of 8 by 8 by 2 inch baking dish.
- Add half the white sauce.
- Top with remaining asparagus and sauce.
- Toss crumbs with melted butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 35 minutes or till heated through.
- Adapted from BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS ENCYCLOPEDIA of COOKING.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.