Print Friendly Recipe
- Maryland's Favorite Summertime Steamed Crabs
Serves/Makes:9 or more servings
- 1/2 c Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 c white vinegar
- 3 c beer(or water)
- 3 dozen live Maryland Blue Hardshell Crabs
- Mix Old Bay seasoning, vinegar, and beer (or water) in a very large pot with a rack,and tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a FULL BOIL.
- In the rack, add one-half of the crabs, and sprinkle more Old Bay seasoning, just enough to cover the shells abit.
- Repeat with the remainder of crabs.
- Steam, covered, until crabs turn a bright red color, about 40-45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Note: Serve crabs immediately if to be eaten hot.
- To serve cold. bring to room temperture and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Goes well with:Corn on the Cob
We Marylander's look forward to the Summertime for the Crab
Season to begin.It's the BEST EVER!!!!!!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.