Print Friendly Recipe
- Healthy cake
- Greg Window
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated carrot
- 1 cup (225 ml) sultanas
- 1 cup (225 ml) processed bran cereal
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- Combine carrot, sultanas, bran cereal, sugar and milk in bowl.
- Add flour and cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour into lighty greased loaf tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees (80 C.) for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool before removing from tin.
- In place of carrot, try dried apricots (soak in milk for 2 hours before using).
Editors Note: A sultana is a small golden-green grape from Turkey. Though used for making wine, today it is grown primarily for raisins. It is related to the Thompson seedless grape.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.