Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 pints or more
- 8 cups (1900 ml) yellow squash
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onion
- 2 oz (56 grm). chopped pimento
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) white vinegar
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) celery seed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mustard seed
- Soak squash, peppers and onion in 2/3 c, salt amd 3 quarts (2850 ml) water for 1 hour, covered with ice.
- Make syrup by bringing to a boil the vinegar and sugar.
- Drain vegetables; add syrup, celery seed and mustard seed.
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Put in jars and allow to seal.
- My mother made this and we ate it with peas or butter beans or red beans and rice. It is delicious.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.