Print Friendly Recipe
- Great use for leftover cooked chicken.
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sliced green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 or more cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) chicken broth
- 1 jar picante sauce (16oz)
- 1 cup (225 ml) uncooked rice
- 1 small tin sliced black olives
- 3 cups (700 ml) shredded cheese
- burrito tortillas warmed
- Saute onions and garlic in butter till tender.
- Stir in chicken, chili powder, 1/4 cup (60 ml) broth and 3/4 cup (175 ml) picante sauce.
- Heat through.an boil rice remaining broth and picante
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes till rice is done.
- Sstir into chicken mix.
- Add olives and 2 cups (475 ml) cheese.
- Spoon into tortillas and fold over to make burritos.
- Place in ungreased baking dish.
- Cover with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.).
- My husband loves these! You can add more chicken if you like. The original
calls for 7 cups of chicken. I like less. Its really up to you. You can make the stuffing ahead of time to save yourself time and serve the next day.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.