Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1 large can peaches (or 2 10 oz (280 grm). to 12 oz (336 grm). cans with juice from only 1 can)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cinnamon sugar (up to 1/2 cup--you can mix cinnamon & sugar to your taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Melt the butter or margarine in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder and milk.
- Pour this mixture on top of the melted butter -- DO NOT MIX.
- Gently pour peaches on top of this mixture and, again -- DO NOT MIX.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Best served with ice cream or whipped cream.
Canned pears may be used instead of peaches.
This was called Career Girl Cobbler because it was quickly thrown together after a "Career Girl" arrived home from work.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.