Print Friendly Recipe
- A Rice-a-Roni Type Recipe.
- Linda Fritz
Serves/Makes:4 (1/2 cup servings)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) margerine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) instant long-grained rice, uncooked
- 2 oz (56 grm). vermicelli, uncooked and broken into 1-in. pieces
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) water
- 1 (4 oz (112 grm).) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- Melt margerine in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and saute until tender.
- Add rice and vermicelli; saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine water and next 5 ingredients.
- Add to rice mixture, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until rice and pasta are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork, and stir in parsley.
- This recipe came from the Jenny Craig cookbook. I made
it and really liked it.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.