Print Friendly Recipe
- Virginia Butler
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean veal
- 8 lbs (3.6 kg). pork butt
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). pork trimmings (ask butcher for this)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) salt
- 1/4 of a whiskey jigger of black pepper
- 4 cups (950 ml) cold water
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) minced garlic or more if desired
- Cut all meat into cubes and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Place into plastic bag and refrigerate over night to blend flavors.
- Grind all of the above.
- Assuming you have a sausage stuffer, use natural casings (from the butcher store) and stuff.
- Can be frozen in small packages for further use.
- This is a recipe I make before Christmas. I freeze in two pound packages, wrapped in Chrismas wrapping to give to each of my children and their families.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.