Print Friendly Recipe
- Skinner Lasagna box
Serves/Makes:10 to 12 servings
- 1 lb (.5 kg) ground beef
- 3 cups (700 ml) (about 28 oz (784 grm). jar) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) (15 oz (420 grm) container) ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) (8 oz) shredded mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Skinner Lasagna, uncooked
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In 3 quarts (2850 ml) sauce pan, brown meat; drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water; simmer about 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, stir together ricotta, one-half mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour about 1 cup (225 ml) sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Arrange 3 UNCOOKED pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce; cover with about 1 cup (225 ml) sauce.
- Spread one-half cheese filling over sauce.
- Repeat layers of lasagne, sauce and cheese filling.
- Top with layer of lasagne and remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake additional 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- This is super easy. The extra water in the sauce will cook the pasta!!
It only takes about 15 minutes to put it all together. I also add mushrooms and extra tomatoes to the sauce.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.