Print Friendly Recipe
- A hearty filling soup - full of good stuff!
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 8 cups (1900 ml) chicken broth
- 16 oz (448 grm). corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small zucchini or summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). medium sized (peeled and deveined) frozen or fresh shrimp
- 1 cup (225 ml) light cream
- Heat butter and olive oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion and stir, heat until onion begins to brown.
- Add flour and stir.
- Add chicken broth and corn.
- Heat and stir until mixture begins to boil.
- **** (see below)
- Add pepper and zucchini/squash, simmer until veggies are soft.
- Add shrimp and cream along with a pinch of netmeg.
- Simmer five minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- At the break in preparation (****) you have the option of cooling your soup base and pureeing the mixture to make a thicker soup before adding the rest of the ingredients. I like it without the pureeing step, it is much quicker (no need to wait for soup to cool) and I like the chunks of corn too.
Serve this great soup with a salad and some nice crusty bread!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.