Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious coconut brownies with fudge.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts, pecans or walmonds
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) heavy cream
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) toasted coconut
- Special aids:
- candy thermometer
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake, turning occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Coarsley chop chocolate.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, combine flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- On low speed, add eggs, cocoa and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture; mix to combine.
- Stir nuts and choppped chocolate into batter.
- Spread batter in prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake brownies until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack; cool completely
- In a small saucepan, combine cream and brown sugar.
- Bring to boil and cook until mixture registers 242 degrees (125 C.) on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Whisk in butter until fluffy.
- Spread topping over brownies.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Attention to detail:
To make diamond shapes, first make 4 vertical cuts in broenies, then make diagnol cuts, about 1 1/4 inches apart.
To toast coconut, spread on a baking sheet and place in a 350 degrees oven for 7-10 minutes. Turn the coconur frequently until golden brown.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.