Print Friendly Recipe
- old recipe
- from vanilla wafer box
Serves/Makes:8 (about 3/4 cup servings)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). all-purpose flour
- dash of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla extract
- vanilla wafers
- 5 to 6 medium size flly ripe bananas,sliced
- Combine 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar, flour and salt in top of double boiler.
- Mix in 1 whole egg and 3 egg yolks.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook, uncovered, over boiling water, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla.
- Spread small amount on bottom of 1 1/2-quart casserole; cover with layer of vanilla wafers, top with layer of sliced bananas.
- Pour about 1/3 of custard over bananas.
- Continue to layer wafers, bananas, and custard to make 3 layers of each ending with custard.
- Beat remaining 3 egg whites stiff, but not dry; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pile on top of pudding covering entire surface.
- Bake in preheated 425 degree (225 C.) oven for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Serve warm or chilled.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.