Print Friendly Recipe
- Yellow Squash & Ginger Jam
Serves/Makes:5 (8 oz) glasses
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg) very young yellow squash
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- juice and grated rind of 3 large lemons
- 4 tsp (20 ml) powdered ginger
- Grind squash, using the coarsest blade of a meat grinder.
- Mix with the sugar and leave overnight.
- Transfer squash and all juice to a pot.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over low heat, about 1 hour, or until a thermometer registers 220 degrees (100 C.).
- Pour into hot sterilized glasses.
- Cover with a thin layer of parafin.
- When parafin has hardened cover again with a layer of parafin.
- Cover and store.
- Had a time finding this.
Hope it is what your looking for.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.