Print Friendly Recipe
- You'll never buy store bought again.
- Kelly Dejong
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) kidney beans (15 oz (420 grm). can)
- 6 oz (168 grm). soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 2 sardines
- 6 quarts (5675 ml) apples, peeled sliced and covered with brown vinegar (or 7 qts. apples)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cloves
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) ground allspice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) powdered coffee or 3 cups (700 ml) boiled down coffee
- 2 tsp (10 ml) red ground pepper
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) corn syrup
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- First 4 ingredients:
- Drain kidney beans and pass through mill.
- Place in one gallon jar.
- Add soy sauce and garlic powder.
- Wash sardines off with vinegar and mash.
- Add to kidney bean mixture.
- Apple preparation:
- In cooking pot, place peeled and sliced apples.
- Cover with brown vinegar.
- Add next four spices and coffee.
- Bring to boil, boil slowly for 2 hours.
- As the water in the vinegar evaporates add 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar and 1/2 cup (125 ml) water.
- Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and pass through food mill.
- Add to gallon jar.
- Finally, add last five ingredients to gallon jar and fill jar to 1 gallon (3.8 ltr) with vinegar.
- Shake well, let stand 24 hours, ready to use. ENJOY!
- Fill 1-2 cup plastic containers add a bow or make individual drawstring bags and give away at Christmas.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.