Print Friendly Recipe
- Best Recipes by Ceil Dyer
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). light corn syrup
- 1 20 oz (560 grm). can sliced peaches
- marachino cherries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) unsifted flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Hersheys cocoa
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) buttermilk or sour milk
- whipped cream
- Combine 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter, brown sugar and corn syrup and pour into bottom of a 12 cups (2825 ml) bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan.
- Arrange sliced peaches and cherries in decorative design.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cream 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt: add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour batter evenly over fruit and nuts in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40 to 45 minutes for bundt pan, 50 to 55 for tube pan or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately invert onto serving dish, leave pan over cake a few minutes.
- Good served with whipped cream.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.