Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck's Collection
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
- 3 cloves peeled garlic or to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). or larger pork tenderloin
- olive oil
- Chop the herbs, add garlic salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to make into a paste.
- Spread the pork generously with the herb mixture and sprinkle with ground pepper.
- Place in a small pot and barely cover with water.
- Add 2 tsp (10 ml) salt to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Skim any scum that comes to the surface.
- Lower heat and cook until the water is gone.
- Pour in olive oil to cover bottom of pan and cook roast until it developes a crust all over.
- Remove from pan and allow to set 20 minutes before slicing.
- A porchetta is a whole pig, approximately 45 pounds or a little less.
This recipe is for part of a pig.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.