Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups (475 ml) boiling water
- 1 large tart green apple (Granny Smith)
- 3 (10 oz (280 grm).) cans beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) heavy cream
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) paprika
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) turmeric
- 1/2 red apple, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- Boil the onion in water over high heat for 2 minutes; discard water.
- In a food processor or with hand grater, grate the onion and green apple.
- Place broth, apple and onion in pot over medium heat.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Puree in a blender or food processor, 2 cups (475 ml) at a time, or press through a sieve.
- Return to the kettle and over low heat, stir in the cream and seasonings.
- Chill well if serving as a chilled soup, or serve hot.
- Just before serving, chop the red apple and toss with lemon juice to keep from discoloring.
- Garnish each bowl with chopped apple.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.