Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 (1/2 pint jars)
- 5-1/2 cups (1300 ml) chopped, cored and husked tomatillos (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped green chilies
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced cilantro
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) red pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) vinegar, 5% acidity
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) lime juice
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Carefully ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rim clean.
- Place lid on jar with sealing compound next to glass.
- Screw band down evenly and firmly just until a point of resistance is met fingertip tight.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned.
This is a very good recipe,I got from a friend who I think
got it from Bernardin preserving book or from their web site.
Editors note: It you scratch your nose with the pepper juice on your hands, that will burn too. Be careful!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.