Print Friendly Recipe
- Batter fried jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese. Serve with Ranch dressing for a taste explosion!
- 5 large and fresh jalapenos, cleaned, halved and seeds removed
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). cream cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) self rising flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- dash of paprika, onion powder and black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crushed corn flakes
- ranch dressing
- Fill saucepan half full with water and bring to boil.
- Boil jalapeno slices for 10 to 15 minutes and dry.
- Fill with cream cheese.
- Combine eggs with a pinch of salt and 1 tsp (5 ml) oil; reserve.
- In another shallow bowl, mix flour and the seasonings listed; reserve.
- Put the crushed corn flakes in seperate shallow bowl.
- Start the battering process by dipping each cream cheese filled jalapeno half first in the egg, then the flour then the corn flakes, to get a good heavy coating all over.
- When done, freeze the jalapenos for two hours.
- Deep fry in 350 degree (175 C.) oil until golden brown and crunchy and the cheese is melted.
- serve hot with salsa and Ranch dressing.
- Double the recipe to make more - will be necessary since they'll be gone in a flash!!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.