Print Friendly Recipe
- Creamy pecan candy dipped in chocolate.
- Alice Pearl
Serves/Makes:24 pieces or more
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg).butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark brown sugar plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) full
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark karo syrup
- 2 half pints cream
- 2 cups (475 ml) canned evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 4 cups (950 ml) chopped pecans (not to small)
- 1 package dipping chocolate melts
- Bring the first 7 ingredients to a hard boil.
- Boil for 40 minutes or until hard ball stage.
- Pour in the vanilla and the pecans.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a square pan and let stand for 24 hours.
- Cut into bite size squares.
- Dip into melted chocolate melts.
- We fix this candy at Christmas time. Everyone loves them. We can't ever make enough.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.