Print Friendly Recipe
- A favorite from the '70s and it can be made ahead!
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, shredded or torn
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. (10 oz (280 grm).) frozen green peas
- 2 cups (475 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 6 oz (168 grm). sharp chedder cheese, grated
- 8 bacon strips, fried, drained and crumbled
- Place lettuce in salad bowl.
- Add in layers green pepper, celery, and onion.
- Top with green peas.
- Spread mayonnaise over the peas.
- Sprinkle sugar on the mayonnaise (this becomes the dressing).
- Top with chedder cheese and bacon.
- DO NOT TOSS.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- May be tossed before serving.
- This particular recipe says to cook, drain and cool the peas before adding them.
Personally, I prefer the crispness the uncooked peas add to the salad.
This salad is also known as 24 Hour Salad.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.