Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:10 or more slices
- 1 pkg. (8 oz (224 grm).) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts, chopped
- 1 loaf (16 oz (448 grm).) french bread, unsliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 1 jar (10 oz (280 grm).) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice
- Beat together cream cheese and 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir in walnuts and set aside.
- Cut bread into 10 to 12 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Cut a pocket in the top of each.
- Fill each one with one and a half tbsp of the cheese mixture.
- Beat together the eggs, whipping cream and the remaining 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla.
- Using tongs, dip the filled bread slices into egg mixture, being careful not to squeeze out the filling.
- Cook on a lightly greased griddle til both sides are golden brown.
- To keep cooked slices hot for serving, place them on a baking sheet in a warm oven.
- Heat together the preserves and juice.
- To serve, drizzle the apricot mixture over hot French toast.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.