Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 cups (475 ml) vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). unsalted butter
- 14 oz (392 grm). individually wrapped caramels
- 1 5 oz (140 grm). can evaporated milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Melt the butter or margarine, and combine with the cookie crumbs.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk in a 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Heat and stir frequently until smooth.
- Pour caramel sauce into crust, and top with pecans.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla; beat well until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Melt the chocolate, and blend into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour chocolate batter over pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes.
- Loosen cake from the edges of pan, but do not remove rim until cooled.
- Chill completely.
- I just got this off the internet. Have not tried it but it sounds yummy.
Got it at TheChef@wwrecipes.com
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.