Print Friendly Recipe
- William Bohannon
- 1 lb (.5 kg). cubed alligator tail meat cleaned skin removed
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) blackened seasoning or essence
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk or beer
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- oil for frying
- Mix egg, milk, and seasoning.
- Coat cubed meat in flour then dip in egg mixture then back into flour.
- Fry the cubed meat in oil till golden turning evenly.
- Drain and place on paper towells till serving.
- Serve with Remoulade sauce or a spicy thousand island dressing.
- Alligator meat tastes like a cross between catfish and oysters.
It can be oversalty so be very careful with the seasoning.
Best served as an appetizer or put into a stew with something else.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.