Print Friendly Recipe
- 2-1/3 cups (550 ml) fine vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) crushed pineapple
- 2 envelopes (2 tbsp) plus 1 tsp (5 ml) unflavored gelatin
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten (save egg whites)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 12 oz (336 grm). cartons (3 cups) small curd cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy cream, whipped
- 4 egg whites, stiff beaten
- Mix crumbs and butter.
- Press onto bottom and sides of buttered 9 inch springform pan.
- Drain pineapple reserving syrup.
- Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup (125 ml) pineapple syrup.
- In double boiler, combine egg yolks, sugar, lemon peel, salt and 2 tbsp (30 ml) pineapple syrup.
- Cook and stir over hot, not boiling water 5 to 8 minutes or until like smooth stirred custard (mixture will seem to get thin as it cooks).
- Remove from heat.
- Add softened gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Add crushed pineapple, cottage cheese and vanilla.
- Fold in whipped cream, then egg whites.
- Pour into crumb-lined pan.
- Chill about 5 hours or until firm.
- Loosen sides of cheesecake from pan with spatula before removing ring.
- This recipe came from the Better Homes and Gardens Dessert Cook Book, Meridith Publishing Co. 1960.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.