Print Friendly Recipe
- Great for Christmas snacks
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cocoa
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- level 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). allspice
- 2 cups (475 ml) mincemeat
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- Mix sugar, shortening salt and eggs in a bowl.
- Dissolve soda in water.
- Mix the spices and baking powder with the flour and sift.
- Add flour mixture to the wet batter - this should be stiff enough to hold up a spoon in the middle of the batter.
- Pour into cupcake pan or loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until done at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- This recipe belonged to my grandmother which would make it well over 100 years old.
We have enjoyed it and the people who I have passed it onto thoroughly love it.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.