Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 chipolte pepper in adobo, chopped
- salt to taste
- 4 ripe Haas avocados, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 quart (950 ml) vegetable stock, plus more if too thick (you can also use chicken stock if you prefer, or 1/2 and 1/2)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- scallions for garnish, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, chipolte pepper and saute until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and avocados and stock.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until avocados are soft.
- Add sour cream and simmer for a minute or two longer.
- emove from heat and puree in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Add more stock if too thick.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Ladle into bowls and top with scallions.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.