Print Friendly Recipe
- Prickly Pear
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) melted butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) + 2 tsp (10 ml) poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) half and half
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Line muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt.
- In a second bowl blend well the eggs, melted butter, 1 T poppyseeds, half and half, milk, and lemon juice.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack until cool enough to handle then remove from pan.
- Muffins are a favorite of mine because they are quick and can be made fresh for breakfast on a cold morning.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.